Aug 11, 2022
Car Detailing Services to Fix the Unexpected
Car detailing services is a term that can include several areas of work on your vehicle. From detailed cleaning of the exterior or interior surfaces to vehicle wrap removal and rewrapping. One service that Auto Beauty Centers among our car detailing services offers that goes unthought of until it’s needed is paint overspray removal.
Paint overspray is when paint or a similar coating is applied to a surface that wasn’t the original target. This can come from your own painting projects or projects on the road while you’re driving. Some common sources of paint overspray include:
- Bridge Painting Projects: Look or white tarp wrapped bridges. These projects use industrial epoxy coatings which will stick to anything
- Construction site and large office building painting: These projects also use epoxies that aren’t clearcoat friendly and the wind at higher elevation can cause paint to be flung widely.
- Painting Water Towers: These are large structures designed to hold upwards of a million gallons of water, which makes them hard to fully cover with tarps. Heavy zinc primer and multiple coats of epoxy paint are used to paint both the inside and outside.
- Residential home exterior painting: A paint crew with a spray gun can potentially overspray an entire neighborhood in a few hours. Epoxy deck stains and polyurethane sealers are commonly used in these projects.
- Tree Sap: Not something you would commonly think of but hard sticky syrupy sap is as much a problem as paint.
- Road paint and highway line paint: Highway paint, known as hot melt marking paint, is sprayed on roads after being heated to 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
The typical cost of removing paint overspray from your vehicle can range from $150-$500+. These are the standard rates from professional providers of car detailing services or reconditioning techs. The final price you pay depends on the size of the vehicle and the severity of the overspray damage as well as where it’s located on the vehicle.
If overspray damage is caused by a professional painter, they are usually liable for damages and their insurance will cover the damages. However, not all painters carry insurance due to the cost so some companies offer cheap discount contractor service which might exclude car detailing services such as paint overspray claims to keep the premiums affordable.
If your vehicle has fallen victim to paint overspray damage or if you need any other type of car detailing services in Independence, Missouri, then Auto Beauty Centers is here to help. We have pick up and drop off services so that you can go about your day while we take care of your vehicle. Call us (816) 252-1978 or click here to find out how to contact us online.